Re: [Linphone-users] Kernel Panic on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) when Linp

From: Sebastian Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Kernel Panic on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) when Linphone (4.1.1) is launched
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:27:54 +0200

I don't agree. If a software behaves very badly or doing bad things with
kernel mode drivers, it can still kernel panic.
Imagine writing to the memory space the kernel "owns". That could cause
kernel corruption, and thus a kernel panic.

But I would bet its more a hardware fault, like a bad cell in RAM or some
fault in your audio card or something similiar. The reason I think its the
audio card is because Linphone of course uses the audio card to provide
2-way low latency telephony audio.