Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone does not work out of the box (for me)

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone does not work out of the box (for me)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 10:58:35 -0400

o First of all - you NEED IP6.

You don't NEED ipv6.

o SIP over mobile data is iffy, as their network quite naturally prioritizes phone traffic - mobile data is second fiddle.  Your phone should be connected to wifi for SIP.  Some people aren't aware of when their smartphone is using wifi vs mobile data.  That said, when the network isn't busy, RTP over mobile data has worked fine for me.

Test with both and see if mobile data is good enough for you.

(No, "net neutrality" won't help - this is a problem created by "unlimited"/unmetered pricing plans.  If you pay for bandwidth used, the last thing the ISP wants to do is slow you down.)

Net neutrality might help. :)

--
Sincerely,

Russell Treleaven