Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone call over SSH tunnel; RTP not connecting

From: Stuart Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone call over SSH tunnel; RTP not connecting
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:41:07 -0400

On 07/29/2017 12:28 AM, Dipen Patel wrote:

I am Also working on it so may be we both can work together and finish it.

As to ports, you need 5060 in both directions, and you can pick the
linphone "use fixed RTP port" option for the audio and video, and you
open those ports as well.  (With dynamic RTP ports, your firewall needs
to inspect the SIP packets to determine the RTP ports to open.  There is
an iptables module for this on linux.)
Tip: if 5060 is open in both directions, you can send text messages even when RTP ports are blocked.  This is usually sufficient to troubleshoot problems with RTP.