Re: [Linphone-users] Problem in video call while trying to send larger e

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem in video call while trying to send larger encrypted payload
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:33:18 -0400

Sen, Nilanjan <address@hidden> wrote:
    > I am a doctoral student and presently working on VoIP security. I am
    > using Linphone for my research purpose. I have modified Linphone source
    > code and am trying to send an encrypted payload (audio or video) of
    > nearly 2700 bytes during a phone call. The audio call is working
    > perfectly but not the video call. I have checked that the maximum
    > unencrypted payload size in video call is 1240 bytes, and receiver is

tcpdump/wireshark on your wire.
It sounds like your packets are not getting fragmented.

Generally, you will have better luck over the internet if you never have to
send large packets.  Firewalls and NATs often do not assemble UDP fragments.

    > result. I am using UBUNTU 16.04 and both my clients as well as the SIP
    > server are connected to the same switch.

In a pinch, if you just want to make research progress, you could bump your
MTU to the full 9000 that (gigabit) ethernet supports.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [