[Linphone-users] Linphone video breakup

From: Stuart Gathman
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone video breakup
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 15:41:48 -0500

When I run linphone with self-view activated, and nothing else - no call
active in particular, the video window breaks up every few seconds.
I've tried several different brands of web cam and different
resolutions.  Running cheese, on the other hand, displays a totally
solid video window for all of the above scenarios.  Is this a known
problem?  Or should I report it to Fedora as possibly distro dependent?

And yes, the video continues to break up with an active video call.
When connected to linphone on Apple MacBook, the Mac sees unbroken video
from my web cam, but the video from the remote cam breaks up when
displayed.  So this is clearly a problem with video display, and not
with the camera interface.  And this strongly hints it could be a distro
problem.