[Linphone-users] VAD activation in linphone?

From: w4
Subject: [Linphone-users] VAD activation in linphone?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 21:11:47 +0200

Hi list,

I am testing linphone on debian linux (three different computer, one git
version 3.9.1 of desktop-linphone on kali linux version 2016.1, two
reposity versions, both 3.6.1 on linux stable resp. linux unstable).

i was trying to activate VAD in the .linphonerc but it seams that
neither recv_fmtp=vad=on nor send_fmtp=vad=on nor both have any effect
on any codec.
i was able to set vbr=no for speex codecs and it - indeed - set a
constant bit rate, so i thought i could enable or disable VAD as well...

i guess i am doing it wrong and would be happy, if somebody could help me.

Best,
Anne