[Linphone-users] "I'm typing" indicator

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Linphone-users] "I'm typing" indicator
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 15:08:25 -0400

Recently my SMS-recipients are getting weird messages from me:
when I send them an SMS (via SIP from Linphone), they receive several
SMS messages (typically 3 or 4), with only the last one "valid" and all
other look like "gobbledygook", or more precisely, they seem to be XML
data that seems to be indicating that I'm in the process of typing
a message.

Is there some way to disable these "I'm typing" indicator messages?
I don't want Linphone to send any message until I hit "send".

        Stefan