Re: [Linphone-users] [Linphone-developers] How to overcome SIP ALG on Wi

From: Nabeel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] [Linphone-developers] How to overcome SIP ALG on Wi-Fi routers
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 01:09:36 +0100

A possible solution to this seems to be a 'SIP tunnel' server. The server would tunnel the SIP and UDP packets over a common TCP port such as 80 or 443, which are more likely to be open and unblocked on Wi-Fi routers for browsing, Email, etc. The tunnel server would then send this data to the SIP server over UDP. There is a SIP tunnel server for Windows here: http://siptunnel.sourceforge.net/, however I was not able to find a similar non-proprietary server server for Linux?  I understand that there is a proprietary solution offered by Belledone Communications. I am interested to know if the software alone can be purchased without the hosting?