Re: [Linphone-users] Problem when using linphone with VPN

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem when using linphone with VPN
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:08:18 -0400

Vladimir Kudrya <address@hidden> wrote:
    > Confirming this. It is hitting users connecting to office via VPN with
    > dynamic address allocation.
    > Dumping SIP traffic reveals that linphone sends wrong address (takes it
from
    > ethernet device) when registering on SIP server, while the route to SIP
    > server lies clearly via ppp interface.

    > Tricking linphone with 'nat_address' helps, but only until address gets
    > changed.

Yeah.
We have this problem in many places: webrtc, IKE and a bunch of other places.
We really need a system call that says:
   "pretend to send this packet to target X, and tell me what source IP you'd
use"

Otherwise, applications wind up having to read all the interfaces and all the
ipv4,ipv6 and the ip rules, etc. and emulate all of the kernel stuff.  It's
impossible.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [