Re: [Linphone-users] Why IOS linphone version doest not support H.264

From: François Grisez
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why IOS linphone version doest not support H.264
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:39:04 +0200

Hi,

Linphone supports several software H264 codecs but they are not enabled in release versions because of license or patent issues. It is enabled on Android because we use the hardware codec provided by Android devices.

We are working on the support of iPhone's H264 hardware codec and that may be available in the next release of the iPhone version of Linphone.

Best regards,

--

François Grisez

Software Developer