[Linphone-users] Linphone Android quirks (snapshot 3.1.0-26)

From: Torsten Hantzsche
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Android quirks (snapshot 3.1.0-26)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:52:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

while playing around with Linphone Android on several Android phones and pads I encountered some quirks, maybe someone can confirm that too:

* Incoming calls on locked screen mostly need a slide of the answer button, in unlocked state they mostly just need a tap on the answer button, sometimes in lock screen they only need a tap and no slide: I can not find a conclusive pattern of behaviour here.

* If the video option "Accept incoming video requests" is deselected, I can answer incoming audio calls in lock screen, however, if the caller initiates a switch to video mode, the query screen to accept video is hidden behind the lock screen; I have to enter the PIN to tap on Accept to turn video on.

* In the views of [History|Contacts|Dialpad|Chat] a single tap on Androids Back button quickly closes Linphone to the background, the same happens on some devices while I am in a Settings menu, it does not always return to the parent menu. This can be very annoying. How about a double tapping on the Back button to willingly put Linphone to the background and show on a single tap only a message for the double tap function?

* Linphone gives only 16 seconds to answer an incoming call, then the callee sends "486 Busy here" (Wireshark). Why is it wired to such a short time?
I also noticed on the callers side the message "Unknown Error Busy here".
IMHO it would be better to see the complete error code and message and to have
this additionally saved in the call history to find some problems like "why was
this call denied?". (That's at least my point of view as a technician ;-) )

* The ring sound is mostly not changeable, only on a Huawei P8 lite and Huawei M2
8"
I can change it via Androids default phone ringtone. It would be great to have the choice of ring sounds and a possibility to set it up in Androids Contacts
database for each single entry.

* The screenshots here: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/linphone/id360065638?mt=8 show a direct video answer button for incoming video calls on iPhone/iPad. Could this also be realised on the Android version? Can in the Address Book and Dialpad view a second button to directly initiate a video call be added?

I am no programmer, but if you want me to test some things to give a feedback I am willing to help as good as I can. I will follow the snapshots in the next time.

Thanks for a very capable softphone,
Torsten