[Linphone-users] ringtone playback sounds crackling on beagleboard xm

From: Christian Spielberger
Subject: [Linphone-users] ringtone playback sounds crackling on beagleboard xm
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:11:31 +0100

Hi,

there are a lot of buffer underflows during ringtone playing.

ortp-warning-pulseaudio: there were 14 underflows and 0 overflows over last 5
seconds

And this sounds crackling.

I had a patch for older linphone version, but it was awful. The patch belongs to
mediastreamer.

The idea was:
In MSFilter pulseaudio.c remember the pa_stream_writable_size somewhere, such
that the msfileplayer.c MSFilter can use this information for reading next
samples.

I did not know where to pass this information backward, so I stored it in the
MSTicker by adding a new field "int reqsamples". As I told, awful.

It seems that this issue is also in linphone 3.9.1.

regards,
Christian.