[Linphone-users] Audio Codec Problems

From: Robert Dixon
Subject: [Linphone-users] Audio Codec Problems
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 13:20:31 -0500

A while back I was having audio quality problems between windows and mac
desktops and iphones using a wireless connection.
I received advice on this group to try the opus codec.  So I disabled all other
codecs and enabled only opus, on all computers involved.
That completely solved those audio problems.

But I now find out that it has made communication with Grandstream HT-701
analog telephone interfaces no longer work.
This used to work fine before I changed the codecs and now there is no audio at
all.

I tried re-enabling ALL the codecs in the Windows and Mac desktops, to see if I
could restore communications with the Grandstream.
That helped only a little, as audio now flows a little and only in one
direction.

What codes are enabled by default?  I don’t remember, so I can’t get back to
where I was originally.
What codecs make the Grandstream work?  It uses these codecs:
G.711, G.723.1, G.726-32
G.729. iLBC

Thanks!

Bob