Re: [Linphone-users] problems using 3.6.1 in debian stretch

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] problems using 3.6.1 in debian stretch
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 12:00:25 +0000

Liviu Andronic wrote:
> One of the Ubuntu PPA maintainers tried recently to update Linphone in
> the Debian repos, but gave up at one point. I forget why, but I
> suspect the process is too convoluted when you're not already an
> insider.

That is unlikely to be the reason because there are not insiders in the
debian project.  The project works in the open.  It's more likely that
there weren't enough volunteers available to review and sponsor the
upload (I'm not available for that at the moment, sadly), or the upload
didn't pass the review - it's tough to follow all the packaging
requirements, but it does make debian a much more stable system.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op