Re: [Linphone-users] change the SIP port for the Webphone

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] change the SIP port for the Webphone
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 11:48:27 +0200

Hi,

The "sip_port" field of the config file sets the port on which linphone (web, ios, android, all versions) are listening for SIP messages over UDP.
Most of the time, having a server socket where to listen is not needed, and leaving the default value or use -1 (random port) is even better.

What you need is to change the sip port where linphone is connecting to send REGISTER and INVITE to your SIP server.
This is done in the LinphoneProxyConfig object, that describes the SIP account configuration, with the serverAddr property.

If this information is provisionned by configuration file, this will for example in the [proxy_XXX] section:

[proxy_0]
reg_proxy=sip:mysipserver.com:9803
reg_identity=<sip:address@hidden>
reg_sendregister=1

transport can be specified as well, eg: sip:mysipserver.com:9803;transport=tcp

Best regards,

Or is the port hardcoded in the plugin? If so, where should I change the source to use another port?

Thanks,

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Kind Regards,
Salutations,