Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone mirror downloading Virus TR/Crypt.XPACK.Ge

From: Regaloempresas España
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone mirror downloading Virus TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 16:28:18 +0200

Good news from AVIRA.

Filename: Linphone-3.8.5-win32.exe
Result: FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'Linphone-3.8.5-win32.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'.
In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm

So it is safe to download that versión from Linphone oficial page.

Thank you,
Javier

Hi Ghislain,

You are right, I'm using Avira antivirus. As you said, I will send the file to Avira.

Thank you,
Javier

This is a false positive. Linphone is open-source, if you want to check by yourself, go get the source code ;-)
I suppose you are using the Avira antivirus. It looks like this antivirus detects TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen everywhere, a lot of projects add issues with it (for example Virtualbox: https://answers.avira.com/en/question/virtualbox-virus-alert-26578). Please upload the concerned file reporting a false positive at https://analysis.avira.com/en/submit.

Cheers,
Ghislain