Re: [Linphone-users] How to configure and register on an Asterisk SIP se

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] How to configure and register on an Asterisk SIP server?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 21:56:15 +0200

At 15:51h, on Monday, June 01, 2015,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "[Linphone-users] How to configure and register on an
Asterisk SIP server?", you wrote -

 > I'm new here.

 "Sejam muito bem-vindos!"

 > I need create an account in my Linphone and register it in the Asterisk.

You first need to create an account on your Asterisk server to which Linphone
can connect.

There is a introductory basic step by step guide for configuring Asterisk at

      <http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/node/512>   scrolldown the page to
"Configuration Instructions"

and there is a more detailed introduction to configuring Asterisk at

      <http://asteriskguru.com/tutorials/asterisk_voip_ipphone.html>

Once you have setup your users within the Asterisk server with with the details
of their
SIP accounts and/or forwarding to external SIP providers such as LinphoneSIP,
IPPI etc,
you can then fire up linphone (with no configuration file) GTK interface and go
through
the "Welcome to the account setup assistant" dialog.

Alternatively from the Linphone main window use the first menu "Options", then
left mouse
click "Preferences" and enter the asterisk  account details under the "Manage
SIP Accounts"
tab (third from the left or from the right).

If you want to setup the linphone configuration from the command line, then
read the instructions at

     <http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/documentation>

and scroll down the page to "Configuration file documentation" and take
particular note under that
of the block "Authentication information".

Hope this helps to get you on your way.