Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is built for specif

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is built for specific shared library version libpolarssl.so.0
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 14:43:32 +0200

At 18:23h, on Monday, June 01, 2015,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Web plugin for Firefox is
built for specific shared library version libpolarssl.so.0",
Joseph Jameson wrote -

 > just for fun I installed  0 from the repos and she
 > fired up, sweet.

Interesting to hear that that worked as well because it turns out that
the plugin really should be using libpolarssl.so.5 and not so.0

As you should have read in the latest messages from the Linphone Developers,
the linking to the wrong version number of libpolarssl has now been fixed,
so you can remove the obsolete libpolarssl0 package, remove the broken plugin,
and reinstall and everything should work just fine.

 > The next problem I have is actually logging into my Linphone.org
 > account, I entered the details of my account sent to me by Linphone in
 > their Activation email but no way

Do these details work when entered into the standard linphone program
and allow SIP registration to make VOIP telephone calls?

 > I get a login error, can you do it?

As I explained in the previous message, I was able to enter my normal
SIP login and password details and was connected successfully to the
Linphone Web interface.

Since libpolarssl (lightweight crypto and SSL/TLS library) may well be
involved in the login sequence, using the wrong old libpolarssl.so.0
which you just installed may well be the reason why the login is failing.

 > you mentioned Illawarra, Daplo, Port Kembla, you are obviously in or have
 > been on OZ?

Sadly no (hopefully just "not yet" and one day will be able to visit) but I have
watched some Australian TV shows ;+)

 > PS My Linphone 3.8 uses 100% cpu too.

That would seem to indicate that something is not working properly.

Has that just happened or always been the case?

If your linphone executable now is using (although I do not think that is
likely) the old libpolarssl.so.0 instead of the correct libpolarssl.so.5,
that may well be why it is misbehaving.