[Linphone-users] Linphone Python wrapper for RPi with GPU encoding?

From: Nilson Magro
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Python wrapper for RPi with GPU encoding?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 20:28:21 -0300

Hi there!

First, sorry about my english...

I managed to make video work with Linphone Python wrapper example using VP8 codec, but the CPU usage is about 80% using top command. I am not sure if this percentage is related to just one CPU core of my RPi2.

Linphone log tells that most of the CPU was used by MSVp8Enc with this video configuration: bitrate=300000bits/s, fps=18.000000, vsize=320x240 for encoder.

Is possible to encode VP8 or H264 in RPi2 GPU with Linphone?

Any ideas how to improve this?

Many thanks!