Re: [Linphone-users] ***SOLVED*** : belle-sip-1.4.0 on Debian stable 7.8

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ***SOLVED*** : belle-sip-1.4.0 on Debian stable 7.8 -- libtool version mismatch -- do NOT run aclocal and autoconf
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 23:47:09 +0200

At 19:27h, on Friday, April 24, 2015,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "Re: [Linphone-users] FTBS: belle-sip-1.4.0 on Debian stable
7.8 due to libtool version mismatch", you wrote -

 > Hello.
 >
 > On Friday 24 April 2015 15:00:13 François Grisez wrote:
 > > I just compiled belle-sip-1.4.0 on Debian 7 without any problems.
 >
 > I confirm FTBS belle-sip 1.4.0 on Debian 7.
 > Failed with default options.
 > Successful build with "--disable-tests".

Thank you for both of your responses.

To clarify, source of belle-sip 1.4.0 was

       http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/belle-sip/

If I was using somebody else's modified code, I would not be reporting
the problem to the linphone list.

After various tests, I have found that the problem with the conflict of
libtool versions on Debian 7 can only be circumvented if one does *NOT* do

        aclocal  --force --verbose
        autoconf --force --verbose

and must use the supplied libtool and configure scripts, not freshly
generated ones.

As Ilya Melnikov has noted, one must also run configure with "--disable-tests"
because the old CUNIT version on Debian 7 does not provide the functions now
used in belle-sip testing program from the newer CUNIT library.

Thanks once again for your suggestions.

I have now finally compiled the plugins and linphone on Debian 7, with the
exception of mssilk because the Debian 7 libraries are just too old to support
the latest version of mssilk that linphone uses.

It was also necessary to add  #include <stdio.h> to bc_tester_utils.h as was
already
reported for the mediastreamer compilation.