Re: [Linphone-users] oRTP: no session information for warn/errors

From: Boiteux Frederic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] oRTP: no session information for warn/errors
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:40:38 +0100

        Hello,

Following my first message about oRTP session tracking in
messages/warnings/errors and Jehan Monnier’s suggest, I’ve patched the oRTP
library to do it, and would like to submit it for review and inclusion if
possible. Here is what I’ve done, and remaining questions about that :

To help logger [application] function keeping track of related RTP sessions
when having trace messages/warning/errors, I've added to logging functions an
extra RtpSession parameter. I've then modified oRTP tracing calls adding an
RtpSession when I thought it was possible (leaving other tracing calls
unchanged).

I've succesfully compiled it, and tested for my testcase ☺
Besides this, I've some questions/remarks about this modification :

- basic question : my patch is about 100k, how/where should I post it for
review ?

- this patch modifies of a lot of API functions (not only logging ones !) : is
it acceptable ?

- Instead of RtpSession pointer, we could export only its user data (it's what
I use), but I don't know which is the best choice ?

- except for logging functions, I've added the extra RtpSession* parameter at
the end of current list of parameters : could be set as the first parameter
also : what is the best practice ?

- I didn't find coding rules, especially for line splitting, tabulations... so
I've generally added extra session argument inline of existing tracing calls :
-               ortp_fatal("RTCP parser does not work on fragmented mblk_t. Use
msgpullup() before to re-assemble the packet.");
+               ortp_sess_fatal(session, "RTCP parser does not work on
fragmented mblk_t. Use msgpullup() before to re-assemble the packet.");

- in src/logging.c, in _ortp_logv_flush() function, I wonder if stored log
messages could be processed with significant delay, which could lead having an
invalid RtpSession pointer ?

  Hope we'll study that on next year :-P

    Cheers,
             Fred.