Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone suddenly stopped working

From: Jim Jones
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone suddenly stopped working
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:54:54 -0600

Bob,

I had the same thing happen to me on a Vista desktop and Win7-64bit
laptop. It seems that a file in the roaming directory gets corrupted.
Check in 'users\user name\appdata\roaming\linphone'. In the linphone
directory there should be 2 files, one is history and the other is a
config file (I think), anyway DELETE them both. This will of course make
it look like a brand new install and you will have to reconfigured it
all over again. BUT once you have it working, go back to that directory
location, create a subdirectory, name it anything you want, I call mine
BACKUP, and copy the 2 newly created files into the new subdirectory.
Now if that happens again, just delete and copy the original files from
the backup directory and your back in business. For some reason when you
uninstall Linphone, the uninstall program does not remove all of
linphones files. I have found this on other software. Seems the creators
of software give you a tool to remove their software but not cleanly.
Hope this helps. Merry Christmas

73's
Jim - N9DIX