[Linphone-users] Asterisk register attempt timeout

From: Ed Hynan
Subject: [Linphone-users] Asterisk register attempt timeout
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:42:06 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I've used Linphone with good results on a NATted client, and
I'd like to move to a better setup.

Since the Linphone client runs on machines that are not always
available, I'm trying to setup Asterisk on my lan's gateway
machine so that *it* will register at linphone.org, and receive
incoming calls. Note I have not used asterisk before, and I
am likely to make errors.

Problem: asterisk-CLI complains
"Registration for 'address@hidden' timed out, trying again [...]"

(Where 'FOO' is my account name at linphone.)

My asterisk sip.conf has, in the [general] section:
;register => FOO:address@hidden/033B
;register => FOO:PASSWORD:address@hidden/033B
register => address@hidden:PASSWORD:address@hidden/033B

(FOO as above, PASSWORD of my linphone account.)

I've tried all three (as well without the /033B extension) and they
all get the same timed-out complaint.

I'm supposing I can expect this registration to succeed, even if
I have other asterisk configuration errors elsewhere.

Is it possible for asterisk register at linphone.org, or are the
linphone client and service tied together and designed to operate
directly connected?

I guess I'm missing something.

TIA,
Ed

--

The individual choice of garnishment of a burger can be an important
point to the consumer in this day when individualism is an increasingly