[Linphone-users] 3.7.0 Windows crashing on startup and hangup - Memory L

From: Jesper Staun Hansen
Subject: [Linphone-users] 3.7.0 Windows crashing on startup and hangup - Memory Leak
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:05:45 +0200

Hi,

I am rolling my own SIP server and I got the following setup on a local network:
UAC: Android 4.3 (192.168.1.88) sip:address@hidden
UAS: LinPhone 3.7.0 (192.168.1.52) sip:address@hidden
SIP serv: 192.168.1.51

The calling UAC calls the UAS and it accepts the call.
The call is created and I am able to speak.
I hang up on the UAC or UAS and there's a chance that Linphone as the UAS might crash.

Now when I watch the "Recent Calls" in Linphone, then there's a random character(s?) as the caller name.
Right now its the character "<".
There is even a chance that the character is "<SOH>" which will make Linphone crash.
And if "<SOH> is also written into linphonerc as a call_log_x entry, then Linphone won't start at all.

Attached are:
* Two calls (call1.txt and call2.txt)
* linphone memoryleak.png - shows linphone program
* linphonerc
* linphonerc.png - notepad++ view of special characters.

I can attach a stacktrace, but I have no symbol file for windbg to go on.