Re: [Linphone-users] Config file and playback_gain_db

From: Lorrin
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Config file and playback_gain_db
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:42:15 +0200

I made some further progress on the topic. It seems that linphonec daemon didn't read the configuration file because my partition is in RO mode.
Not sure why this would bother linphonec since it only needs to read and not write to it, but lets assume that RW is a requirement.
I set my partition to RW just to find out another funny detail:

Even when you change a parameter via linphonec's "param" command, and even if its value is changed internally in linphonec daemon and in the configuration file (~/.linphonerc), that doesn't mean that linphonec will actually use that value, at least not before you restart it. It least for some parameters, in my case the local_ring parameter. For example:

linphonecsh init -c ~/.linphonerc
linphonecsh generic "param sound local_ring"     -> reports sound1.wav
linphonecsh generic "param sound local_ring sound2.wav"     -> trying to set another local ring
linphonecsh generic "param sound local_ring"     -> correctly reports the sound2.wav
grep "local_ring" ~/.linphonerc    -> correctly reports the sound2.wav

Now when i receive a phone call, the old sound1.wav is played, even though the configuration is changed.
Only after i restart, i get the proper sound2.wav played:

linphonecsh exit
linphonecsh init -c ~/.linphonerc

Any ideas on the topic? Is this a known bug, is there a fix planned?

Best regads!