[Linphone-users] Using custom STUN server to improve latency

From: legolas558
Subject: [Linphone-users] Using custom STUN server to improve latency
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 09:48:11 +0200

Hi everybody,

I am a new user of Linphone and I am trying to connect friends through
it. I have been reading about the problems of SIP and NATs, and how
STUN/TURN works.

I will focus on the use-case of Android phones for the question I am
asking here: all users connect through the Linphone android app, default
Linphone settings, and see a "relay connection" message in the top
information bar.

I was thinking: can I mitigate the delays by using my own STUN server?*
I have installed TurnServer (http://turnserver.sourceforge.net/),
although I have not yet started testing Linphone with it, nor I have any
idea how I could enable authentication there for only the specific
Linphone users I want.

Has anybody experience with similar scenarios?

Best regards,
--
  Daniele