Re: [Linphone-users] how to install belle-sip-1.3.0 package on the ubunt

From: Kl Trm
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] how to install belle-sip-1.3.0 package on the ubuntu 14.04 64bit?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:06:34 -0700

Thank you for your answer.

libglew-dev is installed. 'dpkg -p libglew-dev' shows this:

$ dpkg -p libglew-dev
Package: libglew-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 1087
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <address@hidden>
Architecture: amd64
Multi-Arch: same
Source: glew
Version: 1.10.0-3
Provides: libglew1.5-dev, libglew1.6-dev
Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev | libgl-dev, libglew1.10 (= 1.10.0-3), libglu1-mesa-dev | libglu-dev
Conflicts: libglew1.6-dev
Size: 109244
 The OpenGL Extension Wrangler, GLEW for short, is a library that
 handles initialization of OpenGL extensions in a portable and simple
 way. Once the program initializes the library and checks the
 availability of extensions, it can safely call the entry points defined
 by the extension. Currently GLEW supports almost all the extensions
 found in the OpenGL extension registry (http://www.opengl.org/registry).
 .
 This package contains the development documentation as well as the
 required header files.
Homepage: http://glew.sourceforge.net
$

Is it the right one?

In the synaptic package manager I searched

libgl1-mesa-dev libgl-dev libglew1.10 (= 1.10.0-3) libglu1-mesa-dev libglu-dev

libgl-dev and libglu-dev package is not present. That does not matter?

About 'libupnp-dev' it is in the synaptic package manager. If I mark it for installation, synaptic package manager says, it will install 'libupnp6-dev' version 1:1.6.17-1.2. At the same time it says it will uninstall package 'libupnp4-dev' version 1.8.0~svn20100507-1.2.
I was told not to install a package in the synaptic package manager in order to apply to requirements for an eksternal program, if another package then has to be uninstalled, because that will affect other software on the computer. What do you suggest? The packages 'libupnp4' and 'libupnp6' are installed.

You mention about You could install in /usr/local and make sure that PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to /usr/local paths before the Ubuntu standard /usr paths
I think I have been explained that solution before. Does the solution mean, that you get a package not from the synaptic package manager, install it and point at it in a way, that the package will only be used by the program, you want to install? It will not affect the rest of the software? How I do it, I do not get. I do not know what to write. To point a path, you open a file in gedit and make the changes?