[Linphone-users] Linphone 3.7 for Debian

From: Ilya Melnikov
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.7 for Debian
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 12:47:01 +0600

Hello.

As is known, Ubuntu has a very helpful service - Launchpad.

Many development teams and users can upload there updated version of their software. Unfortunately Debian has no such service.

Therefore packages with updated versions must be hosted somewhere else.

I have built Linphone 3.7 packages for Debian Squeeze and Wheezy.

And place it on the hosting of our project:

http://openmcu.ru/public/linphone/

Installation instructions can be found here:

http://openmcu.ru/wiki/en/terminals/linphone#debian-squeeze

http://openmcu.ru/wiki/en/terminals/linphone#debian-wheezy

Many of our users (and my organization too) use Linphone as a client for videoconferences. Linphone is very popular here. So I will update it in our repo when possible.

P.S.

Versions of packages in this repo have word "ubuntu". This is not a bug. These packages are the same packages as in Linphone PPA, just recompiled in appropriate Debian virtual machine.

--

Ilya Melnikov

Saturday 24 May 2014 12:22:20