Re: [Linphone-users] my problem installation on opensuse 13.1 with kde4.

From: J G Miller
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] my problem installation on opensuse 13.1 with kde4...
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:46:04 +0200

At 14:23h, on Tuesday, May 13, 2014,
in message <address@hidden>,
on the subject of "[Linphone-users] my problem installation on opensuse 13.1
with kde4...",

 > checking for LIBUPNP... no
 > checking for LIBXML2... yes
 > checking for LIBGTK... no
 > configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.18.0 gthread-2.0) were
 > not met:
 >
 > No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
 > No package 'gthread-2.0' found

 > what i do now?

The configure ERROR messages tells you what you have to do now.

You must install the gtkl+2.0 and gthread-2.0 include header files (and also
the libraries if
not already installed).  On distributions which have .deb or .rpm packaging
systems this is
done by installing the appropriate libname-dev package, the so called
development package.

If the library file is not also installed, the packaging system will also
install this when
requesting the dev package to be installed, because the library package is
almost always a
dependency of the development pacakge.

As configure also found

 checking for LIBUPNP... no

you may want to consider installing the libupnp headers as well to get optional
upnp functionality.

As an example for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint, one would do to solve the missing LIBGTK
requirement as root

               apt-get update
               apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

With openSUSE, you will need to check the name of the RPM package and then use
either yast2
or zypper to install the package.  Similarly for the gthread-2.0 and upnp
development packages.

If in any doubt as to why configure claims that something is missing, examine
the latter part
of the config.log file generated in the source build directory when configure
is executed.