[Linphone-users] selective blocking of incoming calls?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Linphone-users] selective blocking of incoming calls?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 10:08:43 +0100

Hi all.  It's been a while since I wrote to linphone-users but that is
because it's just worked great for me for months on end... which also
means I've not had much help to offer about solving problems I've not
experienced.

Now I'm getting some undesirable spam calls to my linphone (3.5.2 on
Linux - I don't enjoy disrupting my linphone but I can upgrade if I
missed this feature in recent release announcements).  Their SIP ID is
constant. I can ignore the ringing but it is annoying. Is there any way
to block their incoming calls from linphone?

I looked in the contact list (I thought maybe I could add them as a
contact, then block that contact somehow) and in Preferences: Manage SIP
Accounts: Privacy, but didn't find a way.  Is it possible?

I suspect they may try a few SIP IDs in future: is pattern-based
blocking possible?

Running a SIP proxy isn't my idea of fun, but maybe this is the killer
feature which may make me set one up, unless linphone can do it.  It
would also make linphone better than a real phone :-)

MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op