[Linphone-users] Seg fault using linphone 3.7.0

From: Robert Dyck
Subject: [Linphone-users] Seg fault using linphone 3.7.0
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:14:26 -0700

The failing scenario:

I placed a call a call to linphone desktop from linphone android using ip-ip.
I wanted to test conferencing so I clicked Pause and called my hard phone
again ip-ip. Clicked conference and all was well. I released the conference. I
wanted to see if linphone would automatically put an existing call on hold if
I initiated a second call. I placed the incoming call again and answered it.
This time however I did not put it on hold ( Pause ). When I attempted a
second call linphone crashed when I clicked the send button. After restarting
linphone I could make it crash repeatedly simply by calling it, answer the
call and click on Pause.

I eventually found that if I played around with the audio codecs the trouble
would go away until tried the original failing scenario again.

According gdb the error happened here:

rtpsession.c
int rtp_session_get_recv_payload_type(const RtpSession *session){
        return session->rcv.pt;
}

Sorry I didn't copy the gdb session to a file.

Then it got weird:

I continued to experiment by moving the codecs about. I got it to fail again
using the original scenario but his time when it failed I could not get it to
work again by shifting the codecs about. I eventually got it to work properly
by erasing  ~/.linphonerc.

The weird part is the seg fault happened in a different place.

[Switching to Thread 0x7fffe61c4700 (LWP 22731)]
0x0000003e36e1852b in rtp_profile_get_payload (idx=32, prof=0x0) at
../../oRTP/include/ortp/rtpprofile.h:78
78              return prof->payload[idx];

This time I saved the gdb session to a file if anyone needs it.

Belle-sip and linphone were built from a git download from April 16.