Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: Error compiling linphone-3.7.0 ubuntu

From: Diogo Leite
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: Error compiling linphone-3.7.0 ubuntu
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:32:11 +0100

It's worked I deleted the file in /usr/local/lib and done the make command.
Thank you

But now after I do sudo make install, I try to execute linphonec and return this message:

"linphonec: error while loading shared libraries: liblinphone.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Why I get this message?

At 12:06h, on Wednesday, April 09, 2014,
in message <CAKuO6JqtvCOyT=address@hidden>,
on the subject of "Re: [Linphone-users] Fwd: Error compiling linphone-3.7.0 ubuntu", you wrote -

 > >> The error is:
 > >> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/diogoleite/Transferências/linphone
 > >> -3.7.0/mediastreamer2/tools'
 > >>   CC       mediastream.o
 > >>   CCLD     mediastream
 > >> /usr/local/lib/libspeex.so: undefined reference to `pj_log_get_level'
 > >> /usr/local/lib/libspeex.so: undefined reference to `pj_log_5'

Please note that these errors for undefined symbols are coming from
libspeex.so in /usr/*local*/lib

That is a different libspeex.so from the libspeex.so in /usr/lib/<your_architecture>/libspeex.so
which would be installed from the Ubuntu package.

Presumably the library in /usr/local/lib is one you have built yourself?

You have to be very, very, very careful in linking and using the built binary
when you have different versions of the same library in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib

Also, you must use the appropriate set of header files for compilation ie
you must ensure you use headers in /usr/local/include and then link with /usr/local/lib
both being for the same version of the library to which you are linking.