[Linphone-users] Error when starting linphone : could not start tls tran

From: Sebastien Duthil
Subject: [Linphone-users] Error when starting linphone : could not start tls transport
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:14:14 -0400

Every time I start Linphone, I have this little popup saying:

"Could not start tls transport on port XXX, maybe this port is already
used."

The port number is random and changes every time. The given port was
never used by any other application.

Linphone still worked like a charm since I don't use any form of
encryption, but I found the popup to be quite annoying.

The popup still appeared after flushing the config file ~/.linphonerc.

I looked at the source code and saw that setting

[sip]
sip_tls_port=0

would stop the popup from appearing, and it did.

Just sharing my solution and wondering if there is a cleaner way to do
that or something.

My setup: I have two remote SIP account, using Archlinux 64 bits,
Linphone 3.7.0.

--
Sébastien Duthil