Re: [Linphone-users] ubuntu 12 and the linphone 3.7.0 dependencies dooes

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ubuntu 12 and the linphone 3.7.0 dependencies dooesn't fit?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:56:40 -0700

Linphone 3.7.0's release into 'unstable' is being held up by 'belle-sip', which is in the new package queue. Ubuntu usually picks up Debian packages after some time.

You can also find some backported packages in our Linphone PPA. Julius Schwarzenberg recently built 3.6.1 for 'precise'.

If you decide to build your own, I would use the source package from the VOIP Team instead of the tarball. Using Debian tools will complain clearly about missing dependencies and will produce a binary Debian package.