[Linphone-users] h.264 codec parameter settings

From: Vincent van den Bogert
Subject: [Linphone-users] h.264 codec parameter settings
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:55:06 +0100

Hi,

I like the windows version of Linphone but I am facing a problem when trying to use video. I'm using the latest windows version of Linphone on my windows 8.1 laptop and video is only working with the provided codecs when calling someone who is using Linphone also.

The video screen remains complete white when I try to call my Grandstream gxv3615wp_hd camera which supports only the h.264 codec.

I have found a discussion about a simular problem on http://www.archivum.info/address@hidden/2010-02/00034/Re-Re--(Linphone-developers)-grandstream-gxv3000.html. This concerns the grandstream gxv3000 device and it has some replies about the h.264 codec parameter settings (default in the softphone = profile-level-id=42801F). Unfortunetly I can't find other settings on the internet concerning my Grandstream gxv3615wp_hd camera so maybe you have a clue?

Best regards,

Vince

p.s. With the windows version of Jitsi I can establish a video call with my Grandstream gxv3615wp_hd camera using the h.264 codec. But Jitsi is heavy and not stable so I prefer to use Linphone.