[Linphone-users] "ortp-error" and password storing question

From: mazzeppanell
Subject: [Linphone-users] "ortp-error" and password storing question
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 20:02:31 +0100

Hi all, i just subscribed to this mailing list, so i'm sorry for any wrong behaviour, or if my questions have already been discussed in the past. Please let me know if i'm in the wrong place. Thanks.

I wanted to use as lightweight no-GUI sip client, so the other day i installed linphone-nogtk from the debian testing repositories (v. 3.6.1).
I'm using "linphonec" to start it, and it works pretty fine.
Now there are two things i noticed fow which i'd like to ask clarifications about:

1. From the time i added some contacts to the friend list via "friend add <name> <addr>", i periodically get this message as output:

ortp-error-No body in NOTIFY

This message doesn't show up when i delete my friends in the list. Also it suddenly appears the first time linphone is started, and then from time to time while the program is running.

2. I noticed the password for the sip account is stored in the configuration file in clear text. I guess this is not safe, but i bet as well i'm not the first person asking about this, so maybe there is a good reason for this implementation. Could i ask how to mitigate this issue? Or if it's possible to fix this, with a run-time password prompt or encrypted storage?

Also, i don't know if developing efforts are focusing on the terminal interface, but it could be nice to have, among the other things:
- an option to enable/disable/erase call logs.
- a command to set/query the status (online, offline, away).
...and so on.

With some added options and commands this can definitively be a really good terminal sip client.

Hope my questions are not inappropriate.

Thanks for the support and your good work!
Bye.