[Linphone-users] Video parameters for v4l2 vs blank screen

From: Alex
Subject: [Linphone-users] Video parameters for v4l2 vs blank screen
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:39:34 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm using Linphone 3.5.2.10 on a RaspberryPi, installed from
repositories, together with a USB webcam from Genius, identified as
"0458:706e KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems)".

Linphone's "self view" window is just a black screen. I believe I
might make it work if there was a way to fine-tune its settings.

This is based on the fact that I can view it successfully using VLC's
v4l2 capabilities, provided that some specific parameters are passed.
Opening the video stream with default settings causes 100% CPU use, I
see just one frame and after that - the video freezes.

I've tinkered with Linphone's video settings, trying different
resolutions; as well as another camera from Teclast (identified as
"0ac8:3450 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp") - but the behaviour is the
same.

What are the recommended steps for troubleshooting this matter?

Thank you for listening,
Alex