[Linphone-users] Compiling with SRTP and ZRTP

From: Hans Georg Schaathun
Subject: [Linphone-users] Compiling with SRTP and ZRTP
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:04:33 +0000

Could someone please lend a little hand in getting linphone compiled?

I am trying to compile linphone (desktop, ubuntu system), but
get stuck on enabling ZRTP/SRTP.  Both the ZRTP and SRTP libraries
appear to compile and install as it should.  Part of the problem may
be that I am installing in a user directory, although I have never
seen that to cause this level of trouble before ...

And I am compiling from the git repos fresh of today.

After some iterations of fiddling, I have reduced the problem to
this output from configure:
(...)
checking srtp/srtp.h usability... yes
checking srtp/srtp.h presence... yes
checking for srtp/srtp.h... yes
checking for srtp_init in -lsrtp... yes
checking for srtp_shutdown in -lsrtp... yes
checking for sha1_update in -lsrtp... no
ZRTP compilation is disabled.
(...)

I have not thought much about ZRTP yet, so getting SRTP working
is the focus.

I checked the srtp library archive too:
% strings lib/libsrtp.a | grep sha1_u
crypto_sha1_update
crypto_sha1_update
crypto_sha1_update

Funny, isn't it.  Seems that configure is correct that sha1_update
simply isn't there ...  How can that be?

Any advice on what I should try next?  Downgrade the SRTP library?
How far?

--
:-- Hans Georg