[Linphone-users] G729 Codec missing, echo/feedback make SIP calls unbear

From: Nick Whitehill
Subject: [Linphone-users] G729 Codec missing, echo/feedback make SIP calls unbearable
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 07:38:30 -0400

Thank you for the free app for Windows Phone 8;  The progress looks very promising.  I use VoIP.ms and prefer G729 as it’s providing crystal clear calling.  I use a Cisco 7960 and a Symbian Nokia handset with VoIP.ms with amazing results.  Linphone on my Lumia 920 works, but I am not able to select G729.  The other supported codecs result in the person that I call hearing their voice echo for the entire conversation.  The quality isn’t good either and yes, I’ve used the echo feedback tool in the app.

Are you going to enable G729 on Linphone for Windows 8 phone?

Lumia 920 and my Lumia 520 both have the latest available firmware as the time of this posting.

Thanks!