Re: [Linphone-users] New user questions. Help Appreciated

From: henman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] New user questions. Help Appreciated
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:24:30 +0900

Guillaume,
   thank you for the informative response.  Regarding "you can setup up a
second device and try a call.": I'm new and not sure how to do that.  I assume
that by device you mean to create another SIP account and run linphone to show
a ready to receive calls status for user A, for example and then run a
different instance of Linphone as user B and have B call A.  Is this what you
mean by "second device"?

Regards

Guillaume Beraudo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You have a surprising nickname.
>

> There is no video call test.
> However, you can setup up a second device and try a call.
> This may be done through our sip server or directly with ip.
>

> sipomatic is obsolete now.
>

> As for the manual, don't hesitate to ask for help.
> as you may have seen, there is a man page, not really updated.
>
> Guillaume
>

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 10:57:38PM +0900, henman wrote:
> >
> > Platform: I am on a MS Windows XP SP 3 OS.
> >
> > I installed the latest Linphone.
> >
> > Somehow my password was corrupted,  but making a new one solved my problem.
> > I can now do the audio echo test, which is enouraging.
> >

> > #1 I would now like to make a test call-back (echo both video and audio).
> >    How can this be done with Linphone and the Linphone SIP server?
> >
> > I've seen references to a program named "sipomatic", but I can find none in
> > the distribution I downloaded which is:  linphone-3.6.1-setup.exe
> >

> > #2 Where is the most up to date user manual for Linphone?
> >
> > Thank You
# end