Re: [Linphone-users] Windows Phone 8 crashes OS?

From: Ghislain Mary
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Windows Phone 8 crashes OS?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:37:24 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for all these information. Could you please tell us the phone model you are using and its firmware version?

Cheers,
Ghislain

On 16 August 2013 13:43, Clive Gout <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

This might be a coincidence, but I hope it is not, and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems. I suspect the issue is something to do with the VoIP registration that linphone might be doing, but that's just my guess.

I installed the windows phone 8 app and it work well to make calls, I'm very impressed with it and amazed that it is a free app, I'd pay for this kind of functionality.

Originally when I installed it, the app crashed and went back to the app list, I opened it up again and it showed 'resuming' or 'loading' but would then quit to the app list again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and set up my SIP profile again and this problem didn't occur anymore.

Since installing it however, the phone itself has became very unstable. I press the power button to unlock it, it will show the lock screen and I swipe up to unlock it. The phone will just show 'loading...' and is completely unresponsive. If audio was playing it will continue to play, and the volume keys will work for a while, but then stop working and the back, start, and search buttons are non-functional. The only solution is to to a soft reset, or remove the battery.

Another scenario was I was changing the date+time settings of the phone, and again the phone became unresponsive to all the physical buttons. I could still tap the screen and change the On-Off switches on the screen, but that was all I could do. I had to take the battery out again to resolve the issue.

In one example the phone became unresponsive and I was able to hold the power button down for the 'slide down to power off' to appear, however when I did this and it showed 'goodbye' this remained there and the phone wouldn't turn off. I took the battery out to resolve it.

I've uninstalled linphone and have not had any issues since then.