[Linphone-users] Linphone Android version and DNS SRV

From: Renaud Dubois
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Android version and DNS SRV
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:52:07 +0200

Dear,

I would like to know if it's possible to use DNS SRV in linhphone for SIP Registration failover.

I create DNS SRV record for my SIP proxy, I would like the linphone client to resolve the DNS SRV record at the SIP registration time.
The client should try to register to the highest priority record, then the second,..

I have tried this setup with the android linphone client v2.1.2 but it doesn't work. It seems the DNS SRV resolution is not working.

I tried the same setup with the linux linphone client and I see in the debug message that the DNS SRV resolution is working fine.

I would like to use the DNS SRV record as failover system to have 2 Asterisk in the backend (active/passive).

Do you have an idea why it's not working, is it will implemented on the Android version ?

I found a debug option in the android linphone version but I don't know how to use it. Is a local file created with debug content ?

Thank you
Regards,
Renaud Dubois