[Linphone-users] Problem with Proxy since version ~3.2

From: Florian Eyben
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem with Proxy since version ~3.2
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 16:00:02 +0200

Hi linphone community,

I've been using linphone very successfully together with a fritz.box, but in the recent versions of linphone (3.2.something and beyond I believe) something has totally been broken.

I have configured a sip account as:
identity:  sip:address@hidden
proxy:    sip:address@hidden
route:    sip:address@hidden

This config has worked in the past... I've also tried several variants of proxy and sip, with or without the 123 as user name...
The host fritz.box of course does not exist on my network (this is why I'm using the proxy option), but it is the registration realm that the sip server (the fritz box) expects for a successful registration. i'm also seeing that the account has successfully been registered.

When I make a call with just a number nothing happens (no message at all in the debug log) - the used to work with an older version.
When I append @fritz.box it tries to resolve fritz.box locally, but doesn't use the proxy:
error: eXosip_dnsutils_naptr_lookup: res_query failed ('fritz.box NAPTR')

I also get while I type the sip url:
error: Cannot create LinphoneAddress, bad uri address@hidden

To me it seems that someone has updated the way that linphone treats the numbers and sip URIs (possibly to make it conform to some standard), but thereby has totally broken it - at least when using a proxy like I do.

It's a real pitty (still persists in the 3.5.2 version - precise PPA), since linphone was the only program which worked perfectly out of the box with my settings, and has stopped now due to some update which seems not reasonable to me

Please advise on how to solve the issue!

Best,
Florian