Re: [Linphone-users] address@hidden

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] address@hidden
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:41:06 -0300

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:01 (-0700), John White wrote:

> Jim Diamond wrote:
>>On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 15:22 (-0700), John White wrote:

>>># ./linphone.SlackBuild VIDEO=yes
>>>I then use installpkg to install the SBO file.  Linphone runs when I
>>>do this but does the Video Input Device is greyed out and no video
>>>codecs show in Preferences.
>>Do you have ffmpeg installed?

> Yes:

> Package Version: 0.10-i586-5vl70
> Package Size: 5448 K
> Package Installed Size: 28020 K

Hmmm... I haven't ever used Vector Linux, so I have no idea if that
number indicates an ffmpeg version which is recent enough for linphone.
(I am using ffmpeg 1.1.2.)

>>If you say
>>      bash -x ./linphone.SlackBuild VIDEO=yes
>>when it gets to the configure line does it have '--enable-video' in it
>>like this one:
>>      ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --docdir=/usr/doc
>> --mandir=/usr/man --disable-static --enable-ipv6 --enable-alsa
>> --enable-truespeech --enable-video --build=x86_64-slackware-linux

>>Try that out and let me know, maybe I can help there.
> Thanks Jim,

> The screen goes by too fast for me to see the ./configure line and so
> far at least I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it or view
> it after it compiles.  When I scroll up, it doesn't allow me to
> scroll up far enough to see the ./configure line.

Assuming a Bourne-compatible shell, if you type
   sudo bash -x ./linphone.SlackBuild VIDEO=yes 2>&1 | tee slackbuild.out
the whole story should be saved in the file slackbuild.out (but it
will still scroll on your terminal window).

You need write permissions in the directory from which you run that
command; if you don't have write perms there, stick another sudo in
front of the command "tee".

You can then peruse the file 'slackbuild.out' with 'less' (or your
favourite text editor).

Alternatively / in addition, I don't know what terminal emulator you
use, but if you aren't short on memory a lot of terminal emulators
allow you to increase the scrollback buffer, perhaps with an option
like
        -sl 2000
which (for rxvt-unicode and others) gives you 2000 lines of history.
Of course, you need to use that option when your terminal emulator is
started, and depending on your window manager and how you start the
terminal, that might be easier or harder.

Try one of these out and get back.

                                Jim