[Linphone-users] Opus Codec

From: John Ervin
Subject: [Linphone-users] Opus Codec
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:02:56 -0400

A user in the VOIP Users Conference Google+ chat asked for us to check which Software supported the Opus Codec.  I notice that linphone does not, but I also noticed on the Speex website (http://www.speex.org/) that is says "—The Speex codec has been obsoleted by Opus. It will continue to be available, but since Opus is better than Speex in all aspects, users are encouraged to switch—".  So I was wondering what the odds are that we might see Opus in the future in the Codec list.  (granted I am using a 3.5.2 version of Linphone from the Ubuntu repository)