Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Beta

From: Genghis Khan
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Beta
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:13:47 -0400

Hello Ilya,

You can try Salix OS (Slackware based distribution) which is
1) Easy to use and to install for inexperienced users.
2) Allows you to install packages directly from source code.

I use linphone.SlackBuild script to build this version of Linphone by
renaming line #7 to VERSION=${VERSION:-3.5.99.0}

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/network/linphone/

Note: I renamed linphone-3.6-beta-1.tar.gz to linphone-3.5.99.0.tar.gz
since then I would not be able to use the build script because
otherwise it will look up for a directory named linphone-3.6-beta-1
which does not exist.