[Linphone-users] 802.1Q Vlan tag on GT-N7000

From: Ian Coetzee
Subject: [Linphone-users] 802.1Q Vlan tag on GT-N7000
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:51:06 +0200

Good day all,

I tried installing linphone on my phone (Galaxy note 1). After installation I cant get it to register on any asterisk server.

I also installed another SIP client, I also tested by installing it on a friend's phone (HTC Sensation) and another android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3).

In all of these last times it worked, which isolated the problem to my phone and linphone.

After some packet sniffs I came accross the cause of the problem:
On my phone linphone adds a 802.1Q vlan tag 0 to all traffic originating from my phone and generated by linphone.

On the other tests there is no such VLAN tag.

What can I do to test further?

I can paste the headers of the packet sniffs in here if that will help.

Regards
Ian