Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone isn't restored by the KDE session manager

From: Xavion
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone isn't restored by the KDE session manager upon re-login
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:55:41 +1100

Those (-session ...) command-line arguments are supplied by X11, not by KDE or other desktop environments.  As written in my first email, Linphone just needs to ignore them.  The alternative is to wait for them to be automatically stripped (by GTK+ in Linphone's case).  Surely you don't need me to write a patch for such a simple code modification ...

If you want to know the details, you can view this KDE session management tutorial.  However, you shouldn't need to add any of the code fragments they've supplied.  My PyQt applications simply delay reading the command-line arguments until after the session ones are stripped.  I also added code which checks that no other instances of the applications are running (via "ps -ef | grep <app>").