Re: [Linphone-users] IoS Linphone will not ring in background

From: William M . Bell
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] IoS Linphone will not ring in background
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:33:50 +0000 (UTC)

I have seven (7) SIP softphones installed on my iPhone,
and Linphone is the only one that will not work backgrounded.

I understand if Apple doesn't allow UDP while backgrounded,
but my other Apps have worked around this with a "TCP While
Backgrounded" switch.  I was assuming that Linphone's
"Background Mode" did the same thing, but I guess I'm wrong.

I realize that the new builds of Linphone are still considered
Beta, but I would think backgrounding would be considered high
priority and would be a key feature to work on.  Right now, it
kind of a shame, since Linphone is the best looking and has
the most features!

I'll keep my hopes up that a future build of Linphone will
address this issue!  =)