[Linphone-users] No sound

From: pepijn de vos
Subject: [Linphone-users] No sound
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 05:13:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I installed linphone on my Raspberry Pi, but the sound does not work.

My sound card is configured correctly, since aplay works fine.

I'm playing through the jack line out, no capture device is present.

$ aplay -v /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav # works
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
Plug PCM: Hardware PCM card 0 'bcm2835 ALSA' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 48000
  exact rate   : 48000 (48000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 16384
  period_size  : 4096
  period_time  : 85333
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 4096
  period_event : 0
  start_threshold  : 16384
  stop_threshold   : 16384
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1073741824
  appl_ptr     : 0
  hw_ptr       : 0

$ linphonec
ALSA lib conf.c:4692:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:953:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
Ready
Warning: video is disabled in linphonec, use -V or -C or -D to enable.
linphonec> play /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav # silence
linphonec> soundcard show
Ringer device: ALSA: bcm2835 ALSA
Playback device: ALSA: bcm2835 ALSA
Capture device: PulseAudio: default
linphonec> soundcard use 2
Using sound device PulseAudio: default
linphonec> play /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav # silence
linphonec> soundcard show
Ringer device: PulseAudio: default
Playback device: PulseAudio: default
Capture device: PulseAudio: default